Patient Action Group
The Patient Action Group ensures that patients’ needs and wishes are the focus of everything we do at Heart Valve Voice. The group is a creative think tank of ideas which will boost the ways that Heart Valve Voice can raise awareness and reflect patients’ experiences.
The group’s objectives are to:
- Provide advice and commentary to the Board which helps ensure that patients are always at the heart of our work
- Review relevant plans and materials developed by the charity and offer constructive views on any ways in which patient focus might be enhanced in their content and delivery
- Monitor, co-ordinate and evaluate activities being carried out by ambassadors and other volunteers across all nine of the organisation’s designated regions
- Induct, train and support its members to act as spokespeople for the organisation at events or in the media
- Ensure that the charity proactively draws on patient expertise and experience to meet its objectives and in doing so celebrates the role of patient involvement in our work
The current PAG members are Sue Jardine, Pat Khan, Marina McGrath, Guy Maddox, Judith Ward, Steve Langton, Terry Parkinson and Mike Thurston. All of our PAG members are volunteers. The group is supported by CEO Wil Woan and patient involvement expert Neil Betteridge. Heart Valve Voice hopes to gain significant momentum through meaningful patient engagement. For more information click here.